Robotic Process Automation or RPA is an automation technology which can drive efficiency and productivity. The leading RPA solution vendors have developed technology which enables business processes to be automated in weeks, which previously would have taken much longer to achieve.
What is RPA?
Each ‘bot’ or ‘digital worker’ are not walking, talking humanoids, but rather virtual bots housed on a server or on the cloud. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) uses software to automate repetitive, rules-based business processes. mimics the actions of humans in order to complete structured, logic-based tasks, such as drafting and sending invoices, consolidating documents for an expense report or handling various administrative human resources tasks.
This has the benefit that RPA does not require you to change your underlying business software (ERP, CRM, other systems and databases) and can be used to augment your workforce as well as to automate processes. The software bots can be configured to perform routine tasks which includes:
- Capture, interpret, transfer and manipulate data across multiple systems;
- Trigger alerts and communications across or between systems;
- Process transactions through system(s) such as invoice settlement, supplier set-up, employee set-up etc;
- respond to basic queries from customers or employees; and
- PSP downloads
- Back office financial reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Excel financial comparisons, matching and reporting
Human intervention then only happens where it adds value to your process saving you time and money.
How can RSM help?
Here at RSM Malta we can support you through every step of your journey, from advising on how to get started, through to scaling up your own digital workforce. Our knowledge and experience can put you in a position to deploy RPA to your business without having to build all the skills needed for this in-house.