We have all been left deeply shocked and saddened by the invasion of Ukraine.
Since the start of the conflict our utmost priority has been to support our RSM colleagues, clients and friends in Ukraine. Everyone at RSM is incredibly proud of their strength and bravery, and that of others in the region, who have remained resilient and steadfast during this appalling humanitarian crisis.
The outpouring of concern from our global RSM community has been overwhelming, as we rally to offer support during this desperately worrying time.
We continue to send our thoughts and prayers for the safety and health of those affected, and hope that there will be a swift and peaceful resolution to this crisis.
It is sometimes difficult to know which humanitarian aid organisations to support. Our Member Firm in Poland has shared details of the following reputable aid initiatives:
- Polish Humanitarian Action - provides humanitarian assistance including food and other forms of support to people who have to leave their homes.
- SOS Children’s Villages International - helping to evacuate children and families to safety, providing those still in Ukraine with food and other supplies so they can stay in lockdown and providing constant trauma support for staff, families and children whose lives have been thrown into chaos.
In addition to these localised charities, there are also internationally recognised humanitarian organisations that our Member Firms are supporting:
- UNICEF - supports health, safe drinking water, sanitation and protection for children and families caught in the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- The Red Cross have established a Ukraine Crisis Appeal to provide food, water, first aid, medicine, warm clothes, and shelter.
- The UNHCR Refugee Agency emergency appeal to help ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe.
To those impacted, we continue to send our thoughts and prayers and hope that there will be a swift resolution to this crisis.