Alan has over 24 years of experience in public accounting and he works with a diverse range of clients in the financial services industry, including start-up funds to multi-billion-dollar fund groups. His clients include domestic and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, fund of funds, registered investment advisors and related entities.
Alan provides financial reporting, compliance and planning, advisory and financial management consulting services to the alternative investment industry. He advises on various accounting and auditing issues, assists clients in the structuring of existing and the formation of new funds including review of fund documents as well as consults on various operational and business issues.
As a frequent speaker at events, Alan helps set the industry’s knowledge agenda. In recent presentations, Alan has discussed valuation guidelines and fair value accounting, hedge fund financial reporting and issues related to starting an investment advisory business. He has also briefed law firm executives on accounting and auditing issues.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Certified public accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, Investment Management Committee and the Investment Companies Committee
- Steering committee for the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable
- Hedge Funds Care Committee of Hearts
- Ronald McDonald House of Long Island
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting, State University of New York at Binghamton