Regional Leader - Asia Pacific
Stephen joined RSM International in September 2023 as its Regional Leader for Asia Pacific. He brings more than 30 years of professional services leadership and operational experience across the Asia Pacific region having lived and worked in Australia, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, and India.
His professional background is rooted in advisory and corporate recovery, which included a three-year term during 2002-2005 with RSM Nelson Wheeler in Thailand and in Singapore.
Stephen is dedicated to working closely with the leadership of its Asia Pacific Member Firms to deliver on RSM’s 2030 global strategy. His focus will be on embedding transformation, growth, and creating positive lasting value for all stakeholders by helping RSM to build on its existing strength across the region. Stephen’s relevant experience across professional services and intrinsic knowledge of RSM enables him to join its leadership in ‘taking charge of change’ through strategic development and collaboration of its firms globally.
Stephen is passionate about working with people, often across complex multijurisdictional and opaque situations, providing solutions whilst remaining mindful of cultural contrasts.
“Asia Pacific is a dynamic economic powerhouse. I am privileged to be leading this region for RSM, as together we help businesses to realise their opportunities to grow and prosper.”
In his spare time, Stephen takes to either his road or mountain bike and regularly competes in sprint triathlons. He has an ambition to master kiteboarding and practices yoga and meditation for mental well-being. He recently completed a barista course to complement his passion for coffee, travel, food and fine wine.
Stephen is based in Bangkok, Thailand together with his wife and two delightful teenage children.
- 2023 to present – Regional Leader - Asia Pacific, RSM International
- 2013 to 2023 – CEO Asia Pacific, Global Leadership Team, BDO International
- 2008 to 2012 – Asia Pacific Regional Director, PKF International
- 2006 to 2008 – Consultant, Alternative Investments Hong Kong, Standard Chartered Bank
- 2002 to 2005 – Executive Director, Corporate Finance, RSM Nelson Wheeler
- 1999 to 2002 – Director, KPMG
- Bachelor of Business, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia – 1989
- Leading Professional Services Firms, Harvard Business School, Executive Education - 2015