About RSM in Greece
RSM Greece is a full member of RSM International, the world’s 6th largest independent network of audit, tax and advisory firms, with 800 offices in 120 countries, and more than 43,000 people on hand to serve our clients’ needs. Member firms are united by a common desire to provide the highest quality of services to their clients. We exist to make a positive difference to their futures. RSM is a full member of the Forum of Firms, an association of international networks of accounting firms. The Forum’s goal is to promote consistent and high quality standards of financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide.
RSM was announced as the winner of the prestigious Network of the Year award in 2016 at the International Accounting Bulletin Annual Awards which recognise networks that have demonstrated strong growth, operational excellence and best practices in Audit and Accounting profession.
We are a strategic partner for dynamically developing companies with local and international orientation, seeking the complete spectrum of services provided by Professional Service firms offering Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Our services include Audit and Assurance, Risk Management, Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Consulting, Accounting and Tax, Human Capital, Executive Search and Selection, Labour Law and Payroll Outsourcing Services.
Working for RSM
When you join RSM, you’ll get so much more than a great benefit package. You’ll gain access to a global network that celebrates new ways of thinking. We offer an environment where all voices are heard and everyone has the opportunity to succeed. When you join our team, you’ll become part of an exciting and dynamic environment that’s always moving forward. You’ll discover a network of like-minded professionals who will help you spark ideas, find new solutions and feel a sense of belonging.
Due to our global network, we have the advantage of offering local, national or international services to clients of all sectors and sizes. RSM now spans more than 120 countries, providing plenty of opportunities for you to collaborate with professionals around the world. Be part of something big at RSM.
We want all our people to reach their full potential. There are over 43,000 talented people working within the RSM network and each and every one has a unique offering. We believe in using this talent to the optimum and we dedicate considerable resources to the training and development of our people so they help differentiate us now and in the future. At RSM, you’ll get the career you want.
We are looking for a driven individual to take on the role of Accounting & Tax Senior in our Accounting & Tax Department in the Athens office.
Being part of the Accounting & Tax Department and dealing with the full spectrum of the department’s activities. More analytically:
- Posting day-to-day invoices using appropriate ERP software programs.
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing.
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of VAT and other tax returns.
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to finance teams.
- Reconciling financial accounts.
- Coordinating internal and external audits.
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts.
- Degree in Accounting.
- At least three years of relevant Accounting experience in a Professional Services Firm.
- Strong IFRS knowledge base with regards to interpretation of accounting standards and their application.
- Experience with ERPs (including SAP).
- Knowledge of US GAAP will be appreciated.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills for data entry and spreadsheet software.
The ideal candidate will also need to demonstrate the following:
- High degree of self-motivation and strong career aspiration.
- Strong commitment to providing an excellent quality service.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and demonstrate good time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Attention to detail
What is offered
Competitive remuneration package, pleasant working environment, exposure to international accounting practices and the opportunity for advancement.
Please send your application in strict confidence by clicking the button below.