No matter the sector and size of your business, the structure of a company is always of great importance. Restructuring a business to optimize its potential, can result in a substantial amount of benefits. Among others, you can save on tax and VAT, facilitate favourable financing and optimize risk distribution, as well as ensure good capital flow between companies.
Companies and rules are constantly evolving. It is therefore of great importance to be up to date, and regularly consider how a company can be structured in the best possible way. At RSM, we have a vast experience with company law and restructuring. Thanks to the well-versed knowledge of our team, we can assist with restructuring challenges and related needs.
Typical challenges in relation to restructuring and company law includes:
- Planning of transactions and restructuring
- Company establishments
- Demergers, mergers and transformations
- Liquidation and dissolution
- Housing projects models (the Norwegian “Borettslagsmodellen”)
- Capital increase and capital reduction
- Split and splice of shares
- Distributions, including tax optimization by utilization of paid-in capital and shielding
- Shareholder agreements, shareholder rights and shareholder disputes
- Board responsibility
With our services, we can provide support with all of the above challenges and more. Please contact us for more information – our experts are ready to advise on and optimize your business.