Tourism 4.0: objectives
The funds allocated by the PNRR under Mission 1 for "Tourism 4.0" (€2.40 billion) aim to improve the quality of tourism by (amounting to €2.40 billion) aim to raise the quality of the tourism offer through:
- Digitalisation: creation of a digital ecosystem aimed at enhancing, integrating and promoting sustainable tourism, the country's cultural heritage and landscape.
- Support for SMEs: support for the emergence, development, resilience and competitive capacity of tourist SMEs and their services through digital and technological innovation.
- Business competitiveness: improving hospitality service standards and reducing fragmentation of the sector through business integration processes.
- Green transition: presence of measures aimed at supporting and accelerating the reduction of the environmental impact of tourism activities and services in all "Tourism 4.0" tools.
An increase of 0.5% of Italian GDP is estimated up to 2026 deriving from Tourism 4.0 measures..
Tourism 4.0: main interventions
The main interventions in the field of Tourism 4.0 are:
- the Digital Tourism Hub
- the Integrated Fund for the competitiveness of tourism enterprises
- the "Caput Mundi project - New Generation EU" for major tourism events
- the reform of the tourist guide profession.
The National Tourism Fund (FNT)
RSM plays an active role, supporting and accompanying companies in accessing the National Tourism Fund (FNT), managed by the CDP group. This is an active platform for investments in real estate assets in the hospitality sector.
The FNT promotes the recovery and development of the sector through the innovation of the business model of Italian hotel operators.
The fund is part of CDP's broader strategy to support the sector, based on four pillars:
- Strengthening hotel operators
- Real estate
The FNT is aimed at managers of properties with high tourism or iconic potential as well as innovative start-ups and SMEs in need of liquidity.
CDP's methods of intervention include
- Participation in companies through Venture Capital
- Purchase and renovation of accommodation facilities usually followed by transfer of management to third parties
- Partnerships with operators in the sector
Support from the RSM PNRR Task Force
RSM, in addition to assisting in the request for assistance from CDP, offers support in the development of the Business Plan, conducts due diligence and identifies complementary support measures starting with those envisaged by the PNRR Tourism Programme, which has made available an additional €1.7 billion in funding:
Equal to 80% of the projects financed and intended for hotels, agritourisms, spas, bathing facilities, marinas, theme parks, trade fairs and congresses.
Non-repayable contributions, independent of the "Superbonus", for businesses in the sector. The aid may not exceed a total of € 100,000 per company.
SME GUARANTEE FUND
A special section of the SME guarantee fund provides guarantees for investments totalling €2.7 billion (40% in the South, 30% under 35s or female entrepreneurs).
New revolving fund with a direct contribution to expenditure of up to 35% for a total annual amount of 40 million € for 2022 and 2023 and 50 million € for 2024 and 2025
Tax credit FOR tour operator
Tax credit for travel agencies and tour operators equal to 50% of the costs for the digitalisation of services with a maximum limit of €25,000.
Eligible interventions are
- the purchase of websites and web portals
- the automation of booking and sales services for accommodation and overnight stays