Ryan Duquette is the Canadian lead for RSM Canada’s Security and Privacy Risk Consulting practice. A seasoned professional within the investigations and cyber security fields, Ryan focuses on litigation support, cyber incident response, privacy and cyber technology risks, digital forensics and cyber fraud matters. Ryan has been an investigator for over twenty years and was previously a police officer focusing on cybercrime and fraud cases. He works closely with clients involved in workplace investigations and civil litigation matters including intellectual property theft, HR investigations and data breaches.
Ryan also provides cyber thought leadership to clients across multiple industries. He supports them by collaborating to develop and execute strategic plans, identify and address security and technology issues, with a view to reducing risks and optimizing efficiencies.
Ryan is a director for the Toronto chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, has been qualified as an expert witness on numerous occasions, and is a frequent presenter at fraud, digital forensics, cybersecurity and investigative conferences worldwide.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- International High Technology Crime Investigation Association
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists
- Council of Professional Investigators Ontario
- Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS)
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Magnet Certified Forensics Examiner (MCFE)
- Level II (Secret) Government of Canada Security Clearance
- Licensed Private Investigator (Ontario)
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, Crime and Deviance/Sociology, University of Toronto
- Master of Science, Digital Forensics Management, Champlain College