About RSM in Greece
RSM Greece is a full member of RSM International, one of the world’s largest independent network of audit, tax and advisory firms, with 860 offices in 123 countries, and more than 51,000 people on hand to serve our clients’ needs. Member firms are united by a common desire to provide the highest quality of services to their clients. We exist to make a positive difference to their futures. RSM is a full member of the Forum of Firms, an association of international networks of accounting firms. The Forum’s goal is to promote consistent and high-quality standards of financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide.
We are a strategic partner for dynamically developing companies with local and international orientation, seeking the complete spectrum of services provided by Professional Service firms offering Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Our services include Audit and Assurance, Risk Management, Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Consulting, Accounting and Tax, Human Capital, Executive Search and Selection, Labour Law and Payroll Outsourcing Services.
Working for RSM
When you join RSM, you’ll get so much more than a great benefit package. You’ll gain access to a global network that celebrates new ways of thinking. We offer an environment where all voices are heard and everyone has the opportunity to succeed. When you join our team, you’ll become part of an exciting and dynamic environment that’s always moving forward. You’ll discover a network of like-minded professionals who will help you spark ideas, find new solutions and feel a sense of belonging.
Due to our global network, we have the advantage of offering local, national or international services to clients of all sectors and sizes. RSM now spans more than 120 countries, providing plenty of opportunities for you to collaborate with professionals around the world. Be part of something big at RSM.
We want all our people to reach their full potential. There are over 51,000 talented people working within the RSM network and each and every one has a unique offering. We believe in using this talent to the optimum and we dedicate considerable resources to the training and development of our people so they help differentiate us now and in the future. At RSM, you’ll get the career you want.
We are looking for a qualified high performing Accountant to be part of our firm’s accounts department and work with the accounting team to complete accounting assignments in our Athens office.
- Maintain proper Books and Records, timely payment of tax and insurance obligations (Φ.Π.Α., Φ.Μ.Υ., Ι.Κ.Α. etc.) and the full application of the tax provisions.
- Responsible for the orderly processing and issuance of payroll including payroll calculations, computations, preparation of reports, issuance of pay slips etc.
- Participate in the financial analysis and reporting procedures to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Monitor the progress of projects and coordinate the invoicing process.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Participate in the generation of weekly and monthly financial reports and statements to the Management Team for review.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from the Management Team in a timely fashion.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as an Accountant in a well-organised accounts department
- University degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Technical and accounting skills, good knowledge of Greek Accounting Standards, Greek Taxation and Greek Labour legislation
- Advanced computer capabilities, proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Advanced IT & ERP skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
The ideal candidates will also need to demonstrate the following:
- High degree of self-motivation and strong career aspiration
- Strong commitment to providing an excellent quality service
- Ability to work in a team and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal skills and professional appearance
- Rational and logical thinking
- Attention to details
- Results oriented
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Proactive attitude
- Business awareness
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Positive attitude, focused on teamwork and communication
What is offered
Competitive remuneration package, pleasant working environment and excellent opportunity for advancement, in one of the leading global Audit, Tax and Advisory Firms.
Please send your CV in strict confidence quoting reference A0622.