Over the last year, RSM surveyed over 750 businesses, both inside and outside the EU, to assess the key issues facing the middle market and to look at how companies planned to navigate their way through the eye of “Storm GDPR”.
What became clear was that businesses all over the world were exhibiting apathy, confusion and often panic, with many wary of GDPR fines. Some of the key findings were:
- 71% of US businesses were not sure if GDPR applied to them
- Nearly half (48%) of all European businesses had not done any form of privacy risk assessment
- Only 25% of African/Middle Eastern companies had recognised the need to prepare for GDPR
- Only 11% of Asia Pacific businesses had begun initiatives towards GDPR compliance
- Only 18% of Latin American businesses had initiated projects towards GDPR compliance
In this presentation, we take a look at the impact GDPR has had since it became effective on 25 May 2018. In addition we zone in on the cybersecurity challenges affecting companies in their GDPR and privacy compliance efforts.
This presentation will cover:
- Cybersecurity update
- The state of cybersecurity in 2018
- GDPR recap
- GDPR Article 32 | Security of Processing - How should your cybersecurity strategy be aligned to meets these requirements?
- Roadmap to compliance
About the presenters
Thilen Pillay is a Divisional Director in the Risk Advisory Department at RSM South Africa. He leads the Technology Risk Advisory and Internal Audit service lines and is both a qualified CISA and CIA. He has extensive experience in the field of enterprise risk, internal audit and information systems assurance. Data privacy and security is one of the main service areas where he advises clients on navigating their related information risk and compliance requirements.
Richard Curtis is the National IT Manager for RSM South Africa and manages the IT Consulting function in our Risk Advisory Department. He is passionate about IT Security and Risk Management and has spent the majority of his career growing and understanding complex security systems.
Richard has consulted in IT at a high level in a multitude of environments and roles ranging from SME’s to large corporates. He has performed projects and migrations for many large corporates and listed companies.
To Denise by 7 September on email@example.com.