Michael joined RSM South Africa in 2001 and was appointed an Audit Partner in 2011. He is responsible for providing major listed and smaller clients with high-quality Audit, Financial Management and Standards conformity. He is also Head of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) at the Johannesburg office.
Michael has over 20 years of Auditing, Accounting and Taxation expertise, successfully meeting IFRS compliance requirements relating to credibility, reliability and accuracy of the final audit report. He has significant experience managing an auditing assignment from resourcing, planning and team management to final review and client business assistance. Moreover, he prepares and reviews Annual Financial Statements in compliance with IFRS.
Michael is on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange Limited (JSE) Register of Auditors, which authorises him to act as the principal sign-off Audit Director on the Main JSE Board companies. He is also approved to act in the capacity of a Reporting Accountant Specialist.
Michael provides services to clients from various sectors, as well as multi-nationals in various industries, including manufacturing, retail, franchising, logistics and property investment.
Michael offers professional drive, ethical conduct and insightful leadership. He was awarded the Audit Manager of the Year in 2006 & 2008 and Trainee of the Year in 2005.
- Audit and assurance
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SME’s)
- Independent reviews
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Registered Auditor with Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors
- JSE Approved Auditor
- JSE Approved Reporting Accountant Specialist
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Accounting Science (Honours)
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
- Master of Commerce – International Accounting