John has been with RSM since 1990 and was appointed as a partner in February 2000.
After completing both a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Accounting, he went on to qualify as a Chartered Accountant in 1993. He initially focused on audit while at the same time furthering his studies in the field of taxation and is currently Head of Corporate and International Taxation.
He completed a Higher Diploma in Tax Law in 1997, a Higher Diploma in International Tax Law in 2012 and finally an Advanced Diploma in Transfer Pricing through the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2014.
John has chaired the National Tax Committee and is currently a member of the RSM Global Tax Leadership Group, acting as the representative for the Africa Region.
In addition he has developed an in depth knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative Framework on Sustainability Reporting (GRI), having completed the GRI Certified Training Program.
- International Tax Consulting and Structures
- Corporate Tax Consulting
- Corporate Tax Compliance
- Transfer Pricing
- Employees Tax and Expatriate Tax
- Value-added Taxation
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Registered auditor with Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- Chartered Accountant(South Africa)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Higher Diploma in Tax Law
- Higher Diploma in International Tax Law
- Advanced Diploma in Transfer Pricing