Michael has been with RSM since January 2001 and was appointed as an audit partner in September 2011. Michael has extensive audit experience across various industries including manufacturing, retail, franchising, logistics, property investment and consulting.
Michael represents RSM South Africa as a member of the national Quality Assurance Committee which is responsible for upholding and maintaining the quality service that the firm provides. Michael is also a member of the RSM IFRS Lead Member Firms as head of IFRS at our Johannesburg office.
Along with his extensive experience, Michael bring with him the commitment to work closely with all clients and to provide the best possible service.
Registration with the Johannesburg Stock Exchange Limited (JSE) Register of Auditors, authorises Michael to act as the main sign-off Audit Director on companies listed on the Main JSE Board. In addition he is approved to act in the capacity of a Reporting Accountant Specialist, qualified to perform all functions in terms of the JSE listing requirements specific to preparation of Prospectus and Circulars as a result of any form of corporate action undertaken by listed companies.
- Audit and assurance
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SME’s)
- Independent reviews
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Registered Auditor with Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors
- JSE Approved Auditor
- JSE Approved Reporting Accountant Specialist
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Accounting Science (Honours)
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
Master of Commerce – International Accounting