Neil joined RSM South Africa in January 1997 under a Training Contract after which he qualified as a Chartered Accountant. He was appointed as a Partner of the firm in 2005.
Neil realised that his passion lay in the field of taxation, prompting him to further his studies and obtain his Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Taxation which he obtained in 2007. He has been dedicated to the Tax Department since 2006, focusing on individual taxation, as well as consulting on corporate and indirect tax matters, and assisting with tax controversy and dispute resolution.
Neil is an active representative on the local RSM Tax Committee. He successfully completed the RSM Academy Training Program, and has enrolled for the RSM Transfer Pricing Training Academy to further his expertise.
Neil is also responsible for the publication of the annual budget and detailed tax guides .
Due to the close relationship of tax to trust structures, he also heads up the Trust department.
- Individual’s tax compliance and consulting
- Trust tax compliance and consulting, as well as trust compilation engagements
- VAT consulting and advisory services
- Payroll tax consulting, including taxation of non-resident expatriate employees working in SA
- Corresponding with local Revenue Authority on tax controversy
- Consulting on the exposure of foreign assets and structures
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Registered Auditor with the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA)
- SARS Tax Practitioner
- SAICA, IRBA, SARS
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Tax
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce