Phillip Kruger was admitted as an attorney in 2010 and joined RSM South Africa in 2011 as a legal advisor in our Johannesburg office. He was appointed as a Divisional Director in the Legal Department of RSM SA Consulting (Pty) Ltd during April 2016.
He started his career in general legal practice, attending to general commercial transactional work and commercial litigation, both in the Magistrates’ Court and High Court of South Africa.
Phillip’s area of expertise is corporate legal services. His experience includes:
- Drafting and structuring commercial agreements
- Advising clients on interpretations and implications in terms of the Companies Act
- Drafting and interpreting Memorandums of Incorporation and Shareholders Agreements
- Furnishing advice to Directors and Prescribed Officers on their duties and responsibilities
- Advising on matters relating to corporate governance
- Advising in respect of mergers and acquisitions
- Advising companies in respect of their capital structure
- Attending to exchange control applications to the South African Reserve Bank in terms of the Exchange Control Regulations applicable in South Africa
- Member of the Institute of Directors of South Africa (IODSA)
- Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Admitted attorney since 2010
- B Com Law
- Certificate in Advanced Company Law