The personal dynamic of a Family Owned Business (FOB) often requires an equally personal approach by knowledgeable and experienced professionals in FOB matters. Providing sound and practical advice to FOB’s is an area of expertise which RSM considers a core function of our business.
Because we recognise FOB’s as being one of our core functions we have professionals within RSM who specialise in FOB’s. In addition we can draw on the experience of industry and sector specific professionals within our firm to provide expert and sound advice on a variety of elements involving FOB’s.
Our preferred approach is to take the time to truly understand the business and its management structure, and provide our client with dedicated and personal service.
We regularly provide advice to FOB’s in the following areas:
- Corporate and ownership structures that address business and family needs
- Strategic Planning for FOB’s
- Governance structures and the development of Family Constitutions
- Finance and funding models to suit FOB’s
- Employee benefit and compensation structures to remunerate family and non-family members
- Conflict and mediation
- The critical aspect of succession planning
- Exit strategies
- Retirement planning and estate planning
As a natural extension to our service to FOBs we also advise on:
- Family trusts
- Family investment structures
- Assistance with the transfer of intergenerational wealth and values