Effective crisis management anticipates potential catastrophes that are likely to arise in your business and plans a way to navigate them effectively. No matter how stable your business is, the best companies plan for the unexpected.
Whether you’re concerned about a crisis internally, externally, or just want to have the right strategies in place, RSM has helped clients globally with our highly regarded crisis management solutions and services.
As part of our financial crisis management, we’ll help you discover:
- The enabling factors allowing a company to face a period of financial crisis
- How to solve insolvency and pay back debt to regain confidence from the financial community, clients, and suppliers
- How to guarantee basic activities for corporate continuity
Our crisis management specialists form part of a multi-disciplinary team including crisis management, forensic audit, and legal experts. This broad expertise means we can answer any questions that arise. Whether you’re an SME or multinational corporation, our team will help put in place the right financial crisis solutions for your business.
The financial crisis experts in our team are accredited within major Italian courts. Having performed as advisors in composition with creditors, debt restructuring, and bankruptcy, they have been working for years with special commissioners and bankruptcy trustees of insolvency procedures, as well as the Prosecutor's Office and Official Receivers. This experience means our team is well versed in crisis management solutions and how to execute them.
Our team will assist and protect clients in crisis management using specific bankruptcy proceedings.
Crisis management services and financial crisis solutions at RSM
Thanks to our detailed knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings, our team can facilitate dialogue with all parties involved in debt renegotiation procedures, saving you time and money.
The services we offer include:
Bankruptcy is an insolvency proceeding following a court ruling. This ruling declares the bankruptcy of an insolvent entrepreneur.
The objective of bankruptcy is to prevent a financial crisis by monitoring the situation of the company. When bankruptcy cannot be avoided, we’ll work tirelessly to ensure winding-up proceedings are less traumatic.
At RSM, we support our clients with:
- Inventory planning
- Preparation for the bankruptcy proceeding
- Report preparation
- Carrying out forensic audits on assets and the economic and financial condition before a bankruptcy declaration
- The assessment and drafting of liabilities
- Finding elements supporting bankruptcy revocatory action
- Preparing a bankruptcy distribution plan
Liquidation is the process by which a business is wound-up. This is done by distributing assets to creditors. To avoid bankruptcy, we help our clients liquidate their business assets into cash.
In the event of a financial crisis, we'll put together a proposal for creditors outlining how the credit will be paid.
This arrangement with creditors protects an entrepreneur. They can keep the administration of the company and the creditors in return will keep the business active and staff in employment.
Our RSM crisis and forensic team can support you in the following activities:
- Professional consultancy and preparing an appeal for admission to composition with creditors
- Drafting the report of receiver
- Checking the payments made in the period after the procedure has started
- Checking the number, composition, and the amount to be paid to each creditor
- Review of the debt restructuring plan as presented by debtor
Special administrative procedures
As part of our insolvency services, we’ll help you navigate any special administrative procedures of your company.
Besides meeting the requirements under the bankruptcy regulations, the appeal for admission to proceeding must follow specific employment and indebtedness values.
Using our experience built up over several years, we’re here to offer crisis management support and advice with your special administrative procedures.
We’re able to advise on:
- Periodical quarterly reports
- The preparation of the program and detailed report on insolvency cause
- An assessment of liabilities
- Professional counseling and support in preparing compliance under bankruptcy regulations.
A receivership is a way of allowing creditors to recover amounts of an outstanding loan. They can be used to complete a project, sell a business, or liquidate assets. This agreement is a way of paying outstanding debt.
The crisis management services we offer in this area include:
- Reviewing creditors’ issues and evaluating liabilities of banks and insurance companies
- Analyzing debtor proposals
Specialized financial crisis solutions at RSM
If your business is going through a turbulent time, you’ll want the best by your side. Our team of crisis management specialists will guide you through the liquidation or bankruptcy process. With 48,000 staff and partners spread across 120 countries, we’ll deliver accurate and precise financial crisis support when you need it most.
For financial crisis services you can trust, fill out our online contact form or send us an email to get started.