Who do we help?
Without doubt, the success of a transaction can be significantly influenced by the extent and quality of the due diligence undertaken. Financial due diligence is a key aspect of the overall investigation into a transaction. RSM firms have earned a reputation for providing timely and relevant due diligence reports and advice.
The specialist teams within RSM firms are comprised of individuals who are deeply experienced in providing due diligence for:
- Investors, banks and private equity houses
- Corporate acquirers including, where relevant, supporting the needs of their funders
- Vendors (vendor assist or vendor due diligence), used to identify potential issues for the seller and reduces the risk of these being used by a purchaser to seek reduction in the price
We can help you with…
- Financial due diligence
- Sale and purchase agreement advice
- Deal mechanisms such as completion accounts and locked boxes
- Working capital due diligence
- Completion accounts review
- Post deal support
Our responsiveness, depth of experience and global reach mean we can provide resources wherever and whenever you need them.
Senior partners within RSM firms, supported by experienced diligence practitioners, are actively involved in the delivery of projects providing comprehensive and clear opinions on issues. This means in difficult and complex situations, particularly cross-border assignments, our experienced teams are involved in the detail of the work, providing value-add deliverables to meet your deal needs. We can help by:
- Identifying critical issues and rapidly feeding them back providing clear proactive solutions to complex problems
- Regularly communicating with you – agreeing a formal feedback plan and providing regular updates as work progresses
- Focusing on high quality deliverables and providing you with clear guidance rather than using cautious wording and caveats
- Taking a commercial and pragmatic approach
A well-planned approach and strong project management is essential to the delivery of any successful and efficient international due diligence project. RSM firms around the world, have significant experience and expertise on complex cross-border transactions.
By having a dedicated team in every major business centre around the world, we are able to source local knowledge, leverage existing relationships and provide on-the-ground support, regardless of the type of transaction or geographical region.
We help to effectively manage the increased challenges that can arise on cross-border assignments. We consider each project individually, however, we ensure that cross-border engagements are led and directed by a dedicated client service partner, irrespective of the geography.
- There is one point of contact who will co-ordinate our wider international team and take responsibility for the assignment.
- There is consistency of product and service delivery as the team develops an understanding of your business and future needs.
- Due diligence scoping is consistent across the different jurisdictions.
- We adopt a common methodology and produce clear and concise reports.
- We maintain regular communication throughout a transaction process with all key stakeholders ensuring you are kept informed of our progress and deal critical issues as they arise