Woon Teck is currently Managing Director of RSM's Business Consulting division. He consults and assists entrepreneurs to build a corporate culture of resilience. His scope of work focuses on discovering and preserving value in their business, creating or co-creating values through innovation and digitalisation, rehabilitating ailing companies, and recovering from failures.
He works with our economic agencies to promote Singapore as a global business hub, assist our entrepreneurs in connecting with ASEAN and the world through RSM’s network of firms. He is also a frequent speaker on ASEAN, Belt Road Initiatives and Managing Digitalisation and Transformation.
Woon Teck currently teaches valuation, corporate governance and risk management in the School of Business (Accountancy) of the Singapore University of Social Sciences. He was an adjunct faculty member of the Singapore Management University between 2007 and 2016 where he designed and taught the Corporate Advisory Programme for both the Bachelor of Accountancy and the Master of Professional Accounting programmes. He was invited by the National University of Singapore as a guest lecturer for their Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Business Administration programmes to share practical insights into “Managing Cross-border Investment Risk”.
Woon Teck was a member of the Corporate Finance Committee of the Singapore Investment Banking Association, and a member of the task force under the ACE Finance Action Crucible to review the issues of financing for internationalising SMEs. He was also the author of Financial Handbook for SMEs, a joint publication by SPRING Singapore and the Association of Banks.
In 2014, he co-authored the workbook Risk Governance for the Third Sector to guide the Boards of the Third Sector in getting started on implementing effective risk governance and internal control practices. He also co-authored Doing Business in ASEAN jointly published by RSM, Rajah & Tann Asia and United Overseas Bank in 2015 and 2016, as well as the booklet Building a Treasury Centre for Sustainable Growth in 2018.
- Chartered Valuer and Appraiser
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours), National University of Singapore
- Fellow, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Fellow, Chartered Management Institute, UK
- Fellow, Institute of Internal Auditors, Singapore
- MAICD, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chairman, Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Chairman, Chartered Management Institute
- Vice Chairman, The Society of Modern Management
- Council Member, Institute of Valuers and Appraisers, Singapore (IVAS)
- Singapore Advisory Committee Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors