Individual tax consulting
Individuals and families that have achieved a substantial level of prosperity have complex financial needs and often require expert advice and planning. Protecting your wealth is a primary concern and effective tax planning and consulting has a large part to play in this process.
We have advisors who have experience working with a range of high net worth individuals, as well as being able to assist those taxpayers whose affairs may still be relatively simplistic but where it is important to still ensure that their tax affairs are correctly planned and maintained.
Anyone who enjoys a higher income should ensure their tax and personal financial affairs are handled professionally. Managing personal tax effectively and keeping abreast of the latest tax rules can be a challenge especially if you have assets in multiple countries or jurisdictions. However, we can provide effective planning and sound advice, to help you make informed decisions to manage and minimise the impact on your personal wealth, and help you achieve your personal goals.
Maintaining a sound tax compliance status is critical for both peace of mind and to minimise the risk of falling out of favour with the local tax authorities. We have extensive experience in assisting clients with their personal tax compliance affairs. This includes:
- Completion and submission of individual and trust provisional and annual tax returns
- Monitoring the status of our clients’ compliance obligations
- Communicating with the taxation authority on your behalf to obtain responses and corrective action when necessary
- Processing of registrations for all forms of taxation
- Applications for tax clearance certificates
Cross-border transactions present unique challenges from a tax point of view. Internationally active individuals find that compliance with the ever-increasing complexity of tax rules around the world requires not only in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of local rules but also the co-operation between tax professionals in different jurisdictions. We have access to tax professionals in over 100 countries who are able to provide the necessary country specific advice on tax matters in their relevant jurisdictions.
We offer expert advice that includes the following areas:
- Exposure to local direct and indirect taxes on transactions within South Africa
- Advise on the tax implications of both immigration and emigration
- Advise on international tax structures and the impacts thereof with reference to relevant Double Taxation Agreement and our international associates worldwide
- Taxation of expat workers on assignment in South Africa