On 9 April 2020, the South Australian (SA) State Government announced a one-off $10,000 emergency cash grants for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
The grant is funded from the State Government’s $650m Job Rescue Package aimed at small businesses, not-for-profit entities including eligible sporting and community organisations that employ South Australians that have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cash grant will be available to help cover a business’ ongoing or outstanding operating costs working in tandem with the Federal Government’s stimulus measures.
The criteria for a small business to be eligible are as follows:
- Employ people in South Australia
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (GST exclusive)
- Have an annual payroll of less than $1.5m, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government
- Have an ABN and were carrying on the operation of the business in South Australia on 1 March 2020
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions^
- Apply by 1 June 2020
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business
There will be some restrictions on these basic eligibility criteria. The amount of grant available or access
Where the business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant
If the business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant
^Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth JobKeeper payment will be deemed to be highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions
Applications will open shortly and will be available until 1 June 2020. Registrations will be available at https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/COVID-19/registration