On 21 March 2020, the Victorian (VIC) State Government announced a one-off $10,000 emergency cash grant for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
The grant is funded from the State Government’s $500m Business Support Fund to support small businesses that employ Victorians that have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cash grant will be available to help cover a business’ ongoing or outstanding operating costs, working in tandem with other Victorian Government and Federal Government stimulus measures.
In order to be eligible, the small business musT:
- Employ people
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (GST exclusive)
- Have annual taxable wages of less than $650,000 and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the Victorian Government
- Have an ABN and have been carrying on the operation of the business in Victoria as at 16 March 2020
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by shutdown restrictions announced by the Victorian Government via its “Non-Essential Activity Directions”
- Apply by 1 June 2020
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business.
The current list of sectors impacted by the Non-Essential Activity Directions is available here.
Applications are now open and will be available until 1 June 2020. An application can be made at https://businessvic.secure.force.com/PublicForm?id=bsf2020#no-back-button