The SA Government, in conjunction with the Federal Government, has announced a new $100 million COVID-19 Business Support Package.
This will assist an estimated 50,000 eligible SMEs across the state, from gyms, hairdressers and nail salons to restaurants, cafes, and hotels, affected by the new necessary heightened restrictions to help stop the spread of the highly-contagious COVID-19 Delta variant.
To be eligible for the one-off $3,000 emergency cash grant, a business must, as AT 12:01am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- Be located within South Australia
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST
- Employ people in South Australia
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in 2019-20
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction (compared to the week prior) in turnover due to the restricted trading conditions
Applications for the grant are expected to open within the next two weeks via the Treasury website and grants will be processed as quickly as possible.