WA Tourism and Travel Agents Support Fund 2021
The WA Tourism and Travel Agents Support Fund 2021 was announced by the WA and Federal governments on 22 August 2021.
This fund is targeted at tourism businesses and travel agents that have been impacted by the lockdowns and border restrictions that are in place across Australia.
The fund offers payments of between $2,000 and $10,000 dependent upon your business turnover and whether you employ staff.
The business must also have experienced at least a 30% reduction in turnover when comparing the following two time periods:
- Period 1 - Saturday 15 May to Friday 25 June 2021 (6 weeks); and
- Period 2 - Saturday 10 July to Friday 20 August 2021 (6 weeks)
1. Impacted sole traders ($2,000)
- Sole traders or businesses that do not employ staff that have been impacted by a reduction in turnover by 30% or more.
2. Impacted small business operators ($2,000)
- For employing businesses with an annual turnover between $50,000 and $100,000 and have been impacted by a reduction in turnover by 30% or more.
3. Impacted small businesses with employees ($5,000)
- Employing businesses with an annual turnover of more than $100,000 and up to $1m and have been impacted by a reduction in turnover by 30% or more.
4. Impacted medium businesses ($10,000)
- Employing businesses with an annual turnover of more than $1m and up to $10m, and have been impacted by a reduction in turnover by 30% or more.
Tourism businesses and travel agents will also need to meet the basic eligibility criteria as set out in the WA Tourism and Travel Agent Support Fund 2021 program guidelines.
These are not significant levels of funding given the impact some operators are feeling from the interstate lockdowns.
However, they are better than nothing and the criteria and application process is reasonably straightforward, so the barriers to getting the cash in your hands are pretty low.
My advice for tourism businesses is never let opportunities like this slip past, do your homework and access the funding while it's available, as time to apply is running out.
How do you apply?
To apply for the WA Tourism and Travel Agent Support Fund 2021:
If you think your business is eligible then make sure you get your application in before the closing date of 2pm AWST September 30, 2021. Should you require additional assistance, please reach out to your local WA tourism specialist or contact your nearest RSM office today.