*This page was last updated on 23 March. For more information, click here.
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government will:
- Defer the payment date for payroll tax for up to 12 months for businesses with taxable wages of up to $10m. Businesses in affected industries will receive a one-of six-month waiver of payroll tax.
- Put on hold any increases to vehicle registration, public transport ticketing and parking fees.
- Waive food and liquor licensing fees, as well as waive taxi and rideshare fees.
- Provide a $750 rebate to small businesses through their next electricity bill.
- Provide a $2,622 credit to commercial rates notices and a $150 rebate for every household. Households receiving the utilities concession will also receive an additional $200 rebate.
- Establish a $20m fund for simple infrastructure works on public buildings and redeploy public sector staff in events or entertainment to maintenance works.
- Bring forward $500,000 in arts grant funding also bring forward funding for clubs to retain staff.
- Provide a $7m package for non-government organisations to meet the increased demand for social services
RSM will continue to keep you informed of any further announcements of stimulus and support measures by State and Federal Governments.