*This page was last updated on 23 March. For more information, click here.
The Northern Territory (NT) Government will:
- Extend the existing payroll tax exemption for hiring Territory employees to 30 June 2021.
- Put on hold any increases to government fees and charges, including electricity costs.
- Fast track around 5,000 “screwdriver-ready” projects in Territory homes through a voucher-based scheme. Homeowners who undertake projects involving physical improvements to land and / or buildings or repairs and maintenance services may be eligible to receive either:
- a voucher worth $4,000 if they contribute at least $1,000 of their own money, or
- a voucher worth $6,000 if they contribute at least $2,000 of their own money.
- For all Territory businesses, provide access to a $10,000 grant, followed by an additional $10,000 grant, if the business contributes $10,000 of their own funds towards the purchase of goods and services to make permanent physical improvements to a business (land and/or building) that help improve its efficiency and customer experience. Each business is only eligible to receive one grant and it can be used to complete one or two different jobs on their premises.
- Provide grants of up to $100,000 to not-for-profit and community organisations to engage local businesses to do repairs, renovations and upgrades to their property and facilities. The first $50,000 will be paid as a grant and the Government will also match any renovation costs that exceed $50,000 on a dollar-for-dollar basis up to a maximum of $100,000 total.
RSM will continue to keep you informed of any further announcements of stimulus and support measures by State and Federal Governments.