RSM Australia (RSM), one of the largest mid-tier accounting firms in Australia, are joining forces with Avertro, a sovereign Australian cybersecurity startup, in an industry-leading partnership that will improve the cyber resilience of Australian businesses.
Among today’s advanced threats, rapidly evolving ransomware and a constantly shifting legal and regulatory landscape, it is essential to clearly understand the cyber risks associated with your information technology assets.
While this is true for many enterprise organisations in Australia, the threat also looms for the broader section of Australian businesses.
Through the partnership, RSM's Cyber Security and Resilience Services will be able to access Avertro's award-winning CyberHQ® platform, where organisations can manage, measure, and report on their cybersecurity performance at a glance.
Together, RSM and Avertro will play an essential role in assuring businesses of any size that they are doing cyber right.
Ashwin Pal, Partner, Risk Advisory at RSM says that the rising cyber threats should be top of mind for any business in Australia, not just the top end of town.
Pal says, “With the cyber threats in Australia increasing constantly, being able to understand, track and manage your cyber risk is becoming ever more important."
"The partnership between RSM and Avertro will allow Australian organisations to access a complete offering encompassing the personnel and platform needed to do just this, all delivered onshore.”
The Avertro CyberHQ® platform streamlines and automates up to 75% of an organisation’s manual effort by taking relevant data points, calculating, normalising, and translating them into actionable insights.
This will enable businesses to:
- Elevate their reporting with defensible, standardised executive and board reports for cybersecurity.
- Continuously assess their cyber risk and maturity posture their way, and let the platform harmonise and translate between all the regulatory compliance frameworks required for reporting and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Streamline and automate the way continuous cyber risk management and assessments are done.
- Manage and model the business of cyber and right-size spend by aligning costs with outcomes that make sense to all stakeholders.
- Manage third party supply chain and project cyber risks.
Pal says, “Cyber risk is pervasive in all organisations in Australia. With a large portion of organisations here classified as SMBs, Avertro and RSM are actively working on a package for SMBs that they can access cost effectively.”
Avertro's CEO, Ian Yip, says “The resilience of our entire ecosystem relies on lifting the cyber defences of every single organisation no matter the size. We’re excited to partner with RSM, which allows us to bring the power of the Avertro platform to SMBs across Australia.”
If you have any questions or would like to chat with an adviser, please contact your nearest RSM office.
This is a joint media release by RSM and Avertro.