Corey is a Principal in the Tax Services division at RSM in Perth.
Corey has 18 years' experience at both a national and international level in providing taxation advice and specialist tax consulting services. Corey has gained experience in a diverse range of industries, focusing particularly on: mining and resources, property and construction, energy and utilities, informational technology and financial services.
Corey commenced his career as a graduate accountant with RSM’s Restructuring & Recovery division in 1999 before joining Tax Services in 2002. He rejoined RSM in 2010 after three years in a tax consulting role at another accounting practice.
"I am motivated by helping clients sleep comfortably knowing their transaction tax risks have been minimised".
Corey is a massive cricket fan, for him, nothing beats the tension of a 5 Day Test Match draw. He also enjoys craft beer and has tried over 1,000 unique craft beers both locally and internationally.
Solutions Corey provides
Corey’s experience includes advising public companies (listed and unlisted), large private enterprises and high net worth individuals. He has expertise in preparing tax returns for large companies and providing taxation consulting services to private and public sector organisations in the following areas:
- income tax
- capital gains tax and rollovers
- tax consolidation
- thin capitalisation
- fringe benefits tax
- international structuring
- corporate restructures
- goods and services tax
- private company division 7A exposures
- employment taxes (payroll tax and superannuation guarantee)
- research and development
Major projects and advice Corey has been involved in include:
- implementation of payroll tax and superannuation guarantee systems for major financial service providers
- tax consolidation advice and implementation for a dual-listed Gold producer
- employee share plan advice for listed public companies
- outbound international structuring advice with respect to investments into Mongolia
- tax due diligence and advice in respect of an acquisition of an interest in an offshore oil exploration joint venture
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered tax advisor, Institute of Taxation
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Business Law (Curtin University)
- Masters of Taxation (University of New South Wales)
- Finalist, 2018 SME Tax Adviser of the Year (The Tax Institute)