David is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Perth. David provides general accounting and taxation advice to a wide range of clients in various industry sectors.
David commenced his career in 1989 as an auditor, and was involved in the audit of several listed public companies before transferring his interests to business advisory and taxation. He has significant experience in all areas of taxation, including income tax, fringe benefits tax, GST and capital gains tax.
Prior to joining RSM in 2000, David was a partner in a medium sized accounting practice which serviced a broad range of small business clients throughout Western Australia.
From 1996 to 2014, David held a position with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, where was involved with the CA program and the education and training of prospective chartered accountants.
David Johnston is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions David provides
In dealing with clients, David strives to add value to their business, financially and strategically, in order to promote profitability, wealth creation and retention. He acts as a true partner in client affairs to help them achieve their goals and objectives.
David is able to help businesses maximise profits through the use of benchmarks and the review of key performance indicators. David provides advice on:
- taxation planning and advisory (including GST)
- business planning
- business valuations
- financial and management reporting
- business growth strategies and strategic planning
- cashflow and finance management
- financial accounting
- deceased estate administration and succession planning
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Advisor, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting (Curtin University)
- Registered tax agent
- Registered superannuation fund auditor