Jessie Johnson is a Manager in the Business Advisory division of RSM in Merredin.
Jessie specialises in Tax Planning, Budgeting, General Compliance, and Business Structure Advice and set up. Jessie has always worked in Public Practice, before joining RSM she worked mainly with high wealth individuals and large family businesses.
One of Jessie's best successes since working at RSM is her integration into a new community. It was a bit of a gamble coming to work in a regional community from the city and not knowing anyone, but she couldn’t be happier that she took that leap of faith – finding a place to call home and meeting amazing people that she would never have met otherwise.
"My clients are my motivation, I enjoy working closely with businesses. Seeing the highs (and sadly the lows) allows you to form solid relationships. The most rewarding part of my job as an accountant is helping clients with solutions, be it budgeting, tax planning, or government assistance applications."
A perfect weekend for Jessie includes lapping up the sunshine on her verandah with a good book, snacking on a cheese board, and a glass of ice-cold chardonnay in hand. Jessie loves cooking and reading, a good book will keep her up well into the night! She also has a quirky knack for solving sudoku puzzles.
Jessie is involved with a number of local groups and associations including:
- Merredin Show Committee (Entertainment Coordinator)
- Meridian Regional Arts Inc (Treasurer)
- Merrittville Retirement Village (Treasurer)
- Merredin Book Club member
- Keeping abreast of all the taxation changes that impact our small business entity clients, especially during COVID-19 and the recent Federal Budget updates.
- Calculations and advice on Small Business Entity Capital Gains Tax Concessions is an interesting area of tax legislation one that if done correctly can save the client a lot in tax. She enjoys working with her clients to achieve the best possible tax outcome.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting/Business Law)
- Diploma of Chartered Accounting