John has over 35 years' experience in the accountancy profession, with a particular focus in rural and small business management accounting.
Before relocating to Goulburn, John had seven years experience in Sydney and two years in London. John managed the Goulburn office for 28 years and for the last 3 years has been based in the Canberra office, servicing both regions.
Solutions John provides
John’s expertise has been gained in organising finance for clients and endeavouring to provide timely and accurate advice to a range of clients.
John is able to assist SME’s in all areas of:
- tax and accounting services
- business planning and restructuring
- GST advice and assistance
- FBT advice and assistance
- succession planning
- business acquisitions and sales
- business valuations
- debt financing and refinancing
- employee payroll requirements and employee salary sacrifice arrangements
- Wool Enhancers Ltd – John helped the client establish a high profile business in the wool industry based in Australia. He assisted in organising the prospectus and provided audit and accounting support.
- AG&S Group – John helped grow this business from a $500,000 business to a $25 million business by providing accounting, management accounting and tax services to enable the clients to achieve their goals. He helped the business with crucial bank funding in Australia and overseas and also helped the business establish international connections in law, banking and accountancy.
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, CPA Australia
- Member, Institute of Taxation
- Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries
- Bachelor of Economics (University of Sydney)