Katie is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Perth. Katie has been with RSM since 2005 and has specialised in superannuation since commencing work as an accountant in 2000. She has significant experience in all areas of SMSFs, including administration and compliance, asset acquisition and tax saving strategies, structural assistance and estate planning.
Katie provides advice and assistance to trustees, accountants and financial advisors, and heads up the National Superannuation Committee. Katie provides regular technical updates for the Institute of Public Accountants, and has presented for the Tax Institute of Australia, Legalwise and TV Ed. She has been published in the Australian Financial Review, the West Australian and Farm Weekly.
Katie Timms is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Katie provides
Katie specialises in the following areas:
- self-managed superannuation fund compliance
- self-managed superannuation fund audit
- self-managed superannuation fund set up
- self-managed superannuation fund administration
- pension and tax strategies
- asset acquisition and structuring advice
- rural and farming succession, using self-managed superannuation
- Member, CPA Australia
- Certified specialist adviser, SMSF Association
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting & Public Practice (Edith Cowan University)
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)
- Diploma of Financial services (superannuation)
- Diploma of Financial Services (self-managed superannuation)