Katie has been with RSM since 2005 and was appointed Partner in 2015.
She specialises in superannuation and has significant experience in all areas of SMSFs, including administration and compliance, asset acquisition, tax-saving strategies, structural assistance, and estate planning.
A regular day for Katie ranges from helping farmers transfer property out of super to the next generation to advising company directors on how their SMSF interacts with their employee share scheme.
“I love being able to work with my clients to support them during difficult times - whether it is estate matters, loss of capacity, or family law issues. Building trust and long-term relationships mean you can really make a difference.”
Katie provides advice and assistance to trustees, accountants, and financial advisers. She also heads up the national RSM Superannuation committee.
On the weekends Katie likes to keep her body and mind active. She loves playing competitive roller derby and reading anything she can get her hands on, including her all-time favourite, Harry Potter!
Katie Timms is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Katie provides
- Self-managed superannuation fund compliance and audit
- Self-managed superannuation fund set up and administration
- Pension and tax strategies
- Asset acquisition and structuring advice
- Rural and farming succession, using self-managed superannuation
- Provides regular technical updates for the Institute of Public Accountants
- Presented for the Tax Institute of Australia, Legalwise, and TV Ed
- Published in the Australian Financial Review, the West Australian and Farm Weekly
- Member, CPA Australia
- Certified specialist adviser, SMSF Association
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting & Public Practice (Edith Cowan University)
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)
- Diploma of Financial Services (superannuation)
- Diploma of Financial Services (self-managed superannuation)