As a trusted adviser to his clients, Kevin Wong strives to use his tax experience, industry insight and instincts to deliver pragmatic and commercial tax solutions tailored to his clients’ circumstances.
Kevin has worked with a broad spectrum of clients ranging from start-ups to listed corporate groups to assist with compliance assignments as well as advising on complex acquisition, restructuring and international expansion projects.
Solutions KEVIN WONG PROVIDES
Kevin specializes in Australian corporate and international tax and has advised clients on:
- Inbound/outbound expansions with a view to effective profit repatriation as well as capital management.
- Complex M&A transactions and structuring, including assisting with the tax due diligence process from a vendor and buyer perspective.
- Pre-acquisition structuring to assist large private groups with corporatizing prior to listing and/or sale.
- Post-acquisition structuring advice with respect to complex tax issues such as profit repatriation, withholding taxes, stamp duty and tax consolidation.
- Managing tax audits conducts by the Australian Taxation Office as well as State Revenue Offices.
- Compliance assistance with managing corporate tax lodgment and tax effect reporting obligations.
Kevin has been involved in:
- Undertaking and managing the tax due diligence process of a significant acquisition in the mining industry.
- Managing a large multi-state payroll tax refund for an employment group.
- Defending client from general tax audits/reviews as well as Multinational Anti-Avoidance Law reviews and streamlined assurance reviews by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Taxation Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Melbourne)
- Master of Taxation (University of Melbourne)