Ross has recently emigrated from the UK to join the business advisory team in Albury. With over 9 years of professional experience, he worked as an International Corporate Tax consultant; initially in the corporate tax advisory department before moving into the tax management consultancy team in 2016.
Ross has significant experience in both international tax advisory work as well as tax compliance, audit and accounting. He has worked on and managed a broad spectrum of clients ranging from private equity backed companies to large listed international corporate groups.
Ross has a broad range of experiences split between the International corporate tax advisory and compliance strands.
International Corporate Tax Advisory
- Base erosion profit shifting – Action 4
- (Interest deductibility / thin capitalisation)
- Controlled foreign companies
- Country by country reporting
- International tax governance
- Private equity backed companies
- Tax due diligence process
International Corporate Tax Compliance
- Consolidated tax accounting and disclosures
- Corporate tax returns
- Multi-jurisdictional tax audit under IFRS and FRS101/102
- Tax accounting under IFRS and FRS 101/102
- Corporate interest restriction returns
- Corporate tax forecasting
- Managing complex corporate tax compliance projects for UK, Japanese and US headed organizations.
- Managing large multi-jurisdictional tax audits in the manufacturing, shipping and retail sectors.
- Responsible for preparing Corporate Interest Restriction returns in response to the Action 4 legislation.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) (University of Leeds)