Tristan is a manager in the international tax and transfer pricing team in Sydney. He is passionate about his work and has a genuine fascination with international tax matters and solving complex problems.
Tristan has a strong background in Australian corporate and indirect tax joining the RSM Sydney tax services team in 2014. He also spent two years in the Farringdon Street, London office of RSM UK.
“My time in the UK was an incredible personal and professional experience. During this time, I was able to work with various multinational clients advising on, developing, and documenting their transfer pricing policies in industries varying from agriculture, health, and IT” he says.
He is responsible for advising on various international tax issues including multilateral instruments, anti-hybrid mismatch arrangements, intellectual property optimisation, thin capitalisation and controlled foreign companies. Tristan explains “I take the time to understand the commercial needs of a business and help my clients navigate the dynamic international tax landscape, developing solutions that are coherent with their strategic direction”.
Tristan is a long-suffering Newcastle Knights supporter and enjoys spending weekends with his family and getting his hands dirty in the garden.
Solutions TRISTAN PROVIDES
Tristan provides the following international taxation solutions.
- Development of transfer pricing policies documentation
- Advising on hybrid mismatch arrangements
- Interpretation of tax treaties and the multilateral instruments
- Business restructuring
- International financing arrangements
- Management of controlled foreign companies
- Advising and implementation of inbound funding arrangements for listed US Groups into the UK and Australia.
- Delivery of hybrid mismatch arrangements advice to large US groups including advice on the business restructure to remediate the impact of the hybrid mismatch rules
- Advising on the tax consequences relating to the transfer of significant intellectual property documenting the business restructure risk for start-ups and larger established multinational groups.
- Charted Accountant, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Tax Institute
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance/Management (UNSW)
- Bachelor of Arts – History/Psychology (UNSW)
- Graduate Certificate of Chartered Accounting Foundations Chartered Account (Deakin University)