West Australian businesses may now be eligible for the Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package.
This package was designed to alleviate some of the pressures that businesses might face as a result of the impacts of the Level 2 Public Health and Social Measures that have been implemented (for example, venue capacity limits).
To provide business support, the Western Australian Government is rolling out two forms of relief:
$66.8 million towards a Small Business Hardship Grant
$2.8 million of Payroll Tax Relief for large hospitality businesses
Let’s break these down.
Small Business Hardship Grant
This support package features tiered grants that eligible businesses will be able to apply for.
Businesses are eligible if they have had a 30% or greater reduction in turnover for any two-week consecutive period between the 1st of January, 2022, till the 30th of April, 2022. This is relative to the same financial period in the previous financial year.
There are two sets of tiers for the grant; one for businesses with a 30-40% reduction in turnover, and one for businesses with a 40% or above reduction in turnover.
Tier 1: Decrease in turnover of 30-40%
- $3,750 available for sole traders with no employees
- $7,500 for micro businesses with 1 to 5 employees
- $15,000 for small businesses that have between 6 and 19 employees
- $37,500 for medium-sized businesses with 20 or more employees and a payroll of up to $4 million
Tier 2: Decrease in turnover of 40% or above
- $5,000 available for sole traders with no employees
- $10,000 for micro businesses with 1 to 5 employees
- $20,000 for small businesses that have between 6 and 19 employees
- $50,000 for medium-sized businesses with 20 or more employees and a payroll of up to $4 million
Payroll Tax Relief
Payroll Tax Relief is available for large hospitality businesses with a payroll between $4 million and $20 million.
The financial support being, a three-month payroll tax waiver if the business has experienced a fifty percent drop in turnover over any four-week period between the 1st of January, 2022, and the 30th of April, 2022, relative to the same period in the previous financial year.
The support program is available to all businesses that meet the criteria, even those who have already qualified for the Level 1 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package.
Applications are open now until 30 June 2022.
Are you eligible?
Contact your local RSM adviser for assistance with the eligibility assessment and submission of your application.