Integration Stream - Round 2
The Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI) is a $1.3 billion initiative targeted at all businesses growing Australia’s Manufacturing capacity, building scale, and supply chain resilience.
It will operate for four years from 2020-21 to 2023-24 and is the signature program of the Australian Federal Government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy, which was announced at the October 2020 Federal Budget.
ARE YOU AN AUSTRALIAN MANUFACTURER UNDERTAKING LARGE-SCALE MANUFACTURING PROJECTS IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING NATIONAL MANUFACTURING PRIORITY AREAS?
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
- Food and Beverage
- Medical Products
- Recycling and Clean Energy
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE MMI INTEGRATION STREAM ROUND 2 ARE TO:
The MMI Integration Stream will target and support projects that integrate Australian businesses into domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets.
It will also facilitate the adoption of product standards and greater sharing and transfer of knowledge.
- Encourage manufacturers to adopt new technologies to support entry into new (global) markets with innovative solutions to build scale and capability;
- Encourage linkages between local businesses and domestic and international firms, increasing scale, supply capacity and the ability to innovate;
- Increase investment in Australian manufacturing and support the creation of new jobs in the manufacturing sector value chains; and
- Grow and support manufacturing networks and ecosystems and increase collaboration.
The MMI Integration Stream will provide co-funded grant amounts of between $1 million to $20 million with the grant amount to be up to 50% of eligible project expenditure.
Open dates: 13 December 2021 and 17 December 2021 (split dates for different priorities)
Close date: 14 January 2022, 5pm AEDT
For more information
Please contact Jessica Oliver (Sydney) or Steve Elias (Perth) to discuss this in more detail.