Financial planners are often the first port of call for people seeking advice on investing a lump sum of money. However, in terms of how an adviser adds value to a client’s circumstances, this is usually just the tip of the investment iceberg.
A professionally trained and accredited adviser holds the knowledge, skills, and ability to develop a strategy appropriate to help you achieve your goals and objectives, by developing tailored personal recommendations to address your specific investment needs.
They have the skills and ability to provide you with assistance and guidance on a multitude of areas; including :
- Budgeting – Reviewing your finances and identifying opportunities to manage debt and save money. Rest assured– budgeting doesn’t have to be negative. On the contrary, it can uncover a whole new world of savings, investments and provide a sense of control over your cashflow.
- Risk management – Guiding you along the delicate journey of needs discovery to ensure you have appropriately protected your family and assets in the event of an unforeseen event, such as illness, injury, or death.
- Government benefits and allowances – Help determine your eligibility for various government benefits, ranging from pensions through to superannuation co-contributions, and ensuring you receive the correct entitlements.
- Retirement planning – Assisting you to find answers to the important questions such as; “How much money do I need to retire?”, “What do I need to do before I retire?”, and “Will I be able to retire comfortably now?”
- Estate planning – We work closely with estate planning professionals to determine how best to structure your assets to benefit your estate when you’re no longer here and to help ensure that those assets are distributed in accordance with your wishes.
- Education – Assisting, educating, and ensuring you understand your investments and other key financial matters. This allows you to build your knowledge, maximising the probability of a confident and successful future.
Quite simply, an RSM adviser can help alleviate the worry and stress associated with your finances and investments, leaving you with more time to enjoy life.
Get started today by giving your local RSM adviser a call.