With seven years of experience in professional services, Chris provides expert advice to clients across many different industries in relation to fraud and corruption control and fraud investigation.
Chris is passionate about fighting fraud and corruption and putting a stop to white-collar crime.
Prior to joining RSM, Chris was an external auditor and business advisor at another mid-tier accounting firm in Melbourne. His work in both an external audit and business advisory environment provides an added layer of professional experience to his fraud and forensic services work. Chris is also a Chartered Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, and licensed investigator.
"I thoroughly enjoy providing fraud and corruption control related training and helping others learn about better practice and the common red flags of fraud and corruption."
As a licensed investigator, Chris lawfully conducts investigations relating to fraud and corruption as well as bullying and harassment. In addition, Chris draws on his accounting skills to quantify the loss in fraud matters or for the preparation of expert witness reports primarily around the issue of damages for use in disputes and litigation. He provides timely fraud and corruption control risk management advice to clients who have either been a victim of fraud or as part of their governance, risk, and compliance better practice.
Outside of work, Chris is passionate about all things sports, including cricket, AFL, and tennis. He also enjoys the occasional video game.
SOLUTIONS CHRIS SCOTT PROVIDES
- Forensic accounting and forensic investigation
- Fraud, bribery, and corruption control (as well as improper conduct)
- Planning, resourcing, implementation, and management
- Forensic or fraud related training
- Forensic technology and forensic data analytics
- Compliance risk reviews
- Whistleblower services
- Forensic due diligence, business intelligence, and asset tracing
What The Fraud!
FRAUD INSIGHTS FOR THE
Helping CFOs master leadership, tame information, and navigate through a world of disruption.
SUBSCRIBE TO FINSIGHTS
- Conducted a fraud risk and controls review including a fraud and corruption risk assessment, development of a Fraud and Corruption Control Plan, and data analytics procedures to test for red flags of fraud in high-risk areas of the business for a publicly listed company.
- Conducted a fraud and corruption risk assessment and prepared a fraud and corruption risk register for a Commonwealth Government regulatory agency.
- Conducted a forensic investigation into a whistleblower report regarding allegations of misconduct including the use of corporate credit cards for personal expenditure for a State Government owned entity.
- Conducted a forensic investigation into a whistleblower report regarding allegations of misconduct including influencing a tender process to select a particular bidder and channeling work to the sub-contractor of the successful bidder without the vendor’s knowledge or approval for a State Government owned entity.
- Conducted a forensic investigation into a whistleblower report regarding allegations of misconduct including potential corruption and abuse of the employee’s position to obtain a personal benefit for an education-related public company associated with the Commonwealth Government.
- Conducted a forensic review/investigation into the root causes of account takeover activity by external threat actors and provided recommendations for better practice to avoid future account takeover activity for an international health care provider.”
- Developed and delivered fraud and corruption control awareness training to employees of a media and telecommunications organisation.
- Chartered Accountant - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Certified Fraud Examiner - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Authorised Trainer - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) - University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigation)
EVENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- ‘Fraud and Corruption Control: Hindsight, Insight, and Foresight’, RSM national live webinar on 16 November 2023 – more information
- '13th National Public Sector Fraud & Corruption Congress' - Utilising Artificial Intelligence for effective fraud and corruption management - in person event in Melbourne on the 13th of September 2023 - more information here
- ‘Innovative Fraudster Persona Typology’ – 1.5 hour presentation to CPA Australia Victoria Forensics & Financial Investigations Discussion Group (FFIDG) on 26 April 2023.