Jeremy is a Director of the Risk Advisory division in Sydney and has extensive experience in the UK and Australia managing advisory, audit and assurance engagements across a variety of industries.
Prior to RSM, Jeremy was an assurance manager with a ‘Big 4’ firm for 7 years.
Jeremy Elman is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
“Innovating value for my clients and developing my team, seeing them grow and prosper is what motivates me professionally”
Jeremy has a high attention to detail and is able to add value and insight through an extensive understanding of financial reporting, operational risk, compliance, data and process efficiency. Whilst Jeremy can service all industries, he has particular expertise in the health, telecommunications, media and entertainment, events management, sport, aviation, and financial services sectors.
Jeremy leads the delivery of engagements and is accountable for service efficiency, effectiveness, and quality. He has undertaken a variety of assurance and advisory projects and provides innovative and practical solutions for his clients.
Jeremy is a self-professed professional sceptical optimist. Travel, good food, wine and most importantly company are high on Jeremy’s priorities list.
Prior to his life in professional services, Jeremy worked in a UK fashion store witnessing many disturbing fashion and fitting room disasters.
Solutions JEREMY Provides
- Financial and operational assurance reviews
- Improvements to internal control environments, systems and processes
- Internal audit and risk management reviews
- Internal and external compliance engagements
- Crisis management and business continuity
- Health and wellbeing culture assessments
- Management system reviews
- Technology consulting
- AML/CTF assurance and advisory
Exploring the key trends impacting the financial services sector
- Led our Operational Resilience Services to assist local Australian organisations through some of the most difficult times ever seen, supporting and navigating them and their staff through floods, fires, droughts and now a pandemic.
- Performed specific risk and control assurance procedures on Westpac’s HR department, ensuring all control gaps, weaknesses and improvement opportunities were identified and accurately assessed including confirming the appropriateness of the corrective action plans.
- Advised Foxtel on the development of a financial model and fee structure which would enable third parties to operate on their digital network. This was a complex model which required the involvement of the ACCC and upskilling staff to handle external inquiries.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), Computer Science and Mathematics