Jeremy has over 10 years’ experience in the UK and Australia managing advisory, audit and assurance engagements across a variety of industries including telecommunications, media/entertainment, events management, sport, aviation, and financial services.
Prior to RSM, Jeremy was an assurance manager with a ‘Big 4’ firm where he had been for over 7 years.
He has a high attention to detail and is able to add value and insight through an extensive understanding of financial reporting, operational risk, compliance, data and process efficiency.
Solutions JEREMY Provides
Jeremy leads the delivery of engagements and is accountable for service efficiency, effectiveness and quality. He has undertaken a variety of assurance and advisory projects and provides innovative and practical solutions in relation to:
- financial and operational assurance reviews
- improvements to internal control environments, systems and processes
- internal audit and risk management reviews
- internal and external compliance engagements
- Implemented the Strategic Internal Audit Plan at OneVue Holdings Limited and Deseret Superannuation Fund including mandatory prudential reviews and AML/CTF Act compliance.
- Evaluated the business effectiveness of the Library Resource Management Services function against the changes that have taken place in library operations across TAFE NSW Institutes and made recommendations for future operational support models.
- Performed specific risk and control assurance procedures on Westpac’s HR department, ensuring all control gaps, weaknesses and improvement opportunities were identified and accurately assessed including confirming the appropriateness of the corrective action plans.
- Served as the primary point of liaison to mid-size to tier-1 organisations, driving strategies that strengthen business controls, mitigate risk and adapt to new regulatory requirements.
- Embedded an integrated controls (including SOX) approach to assurance engagements, identifying significant risks, key controls and assessing their design and operating effectiveness in order to leverage comfort.
- Coordinated the risk assessment, control identification, documentation and assessment for the Interpublic Group of Companies on adoption of SOX and Southern Cross Media (then Macquarie Media Group) on acquisition of Channel 10.
- Assisted Foxtel to develop a financial model and fee structure which would enable third parties to operate on their digital network. This was a complex model which required the involvement of the ACCC and upskilling Foxtel to handle external inquiries.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Computer Science and Mathematics