Jonathon is a Partner of the Restructuring and Recovery division in Canberra and has over 10 years' experience providing specialist insolvency and turnaround advice in the region, to corporations, individuals, creditors and government departments.
Jonathon specialises in providing insolvency solutions for small to medium enterprises and individuals with unmanageable personal liabilities. These solutions include formal repayment arrangements with creditors and informal workouts and restructures.
Jonathon is regularly consulted as an expert on matters of insolvency and litigation support, requiring him to prepare solvency reports and provide pragmatic solutions. Jonathon’s technical expertise was acknowledged in 2007, when he placed 2nd in Australia in the IPA Insolvency Education Program.
Jonathon Colbran is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Jonathon provides
Jonathon's experience includes the management of the following types of engagements:
- business turnaround
- voluntary administrations
- deeds of company arrangement
- agent for the mortgagee in possession
- bankrupt estates
- personal insolvency agreements
- financial viability and solvency assessments
- litigation support
Jonathon’s experience extends to a number of significant projects in a wide range of industries and sectors including:
- government funded not-for-profit
- hotels and licensed clubs
- information technology
- restaurants and cafés
- pubs and clubs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Registered liquidator
- Official liquidator
- Insolvency Education Program, IPA
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting, ICAA
- Bachelor of Commerce, ANU