Jonathon is a Partner of the national Restructuring and Recovery division, based in both Canberra and Melbourne.
Jonathon is a registered liquidator and registered bankruptcy trustee with extensive experience delivering insolvency, restructuring and recovery solutions for companies and individuals in financial trouble.
As a trusted advisor to financiers, accountants, solicitors and directors, Johnathon has helped many distressed companies restructure, save jobs, eliminate old debt, and position themselves as a market leader.
Johnathon is extremely passionate about supporting businesses, and his guidance is often sought by lawyers, auditors, and accountants and he is frequently invited to advise boards and join committees.
“Our clients appreciate our honesty and straight talking and they know they can count on us for it. I really enjoy helping people and – in the best scenario – seeing a business succeed where they may otherwise have failed. We value every client, and are only ever a phone call away.”
Jonathon is an ACT Regional Counsellor for Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. He is highly analytical and strategic in his approach, and his direct but user-friendly style is valued by his clients and peers.
One of Jonathon’s proudest moments is his successful management of the restructure of Star Aviation Services that resulted in a Deed of Company Arrangement being executed and 300 jobs saved across the country.
In his spare time, you’ll find Jonathon riding his mountain bike, spending time with his young family, and skiing at Perisher in the winter. He also never misses a Raiders or Liverpool game.
Jonathon Colbran is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Jonathon provides
Jonathon's experience includes the management of the following types of engagements:
- Business turnaround
- Voluntary administrations
- Deeds of company arrangement
- Agent for the mortgagee in possession
- Bankrupt estates
- Personal insolvency agreements
- Financial viability and solvency assessments
- Litigation support
Jonathon’s experience extends to a number of significant projects in a wide range of industries and sectors including:
- Professional services firms including accounting and law firms
- Real estate businesses including real estate agencies & strata management businesses
- Commercial and residential property & construction businesses
- Hotels, motels, and licensed clubs
- Not for profit enterprises
- Retail and hospitality
- Medical services including pharmacies
- Manufacturing and fabrication
- IT and technology services
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Registered liquidator
- Official liquidator
- Registered trustee in bankruptcy
- Insolvency Education Program, IPA
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting, ICAA
- Bachelor of Commerce, ANU