Steve is a Principal in the Tax Services division at RSM in Perth, providing specialist R&D tax incentive consulting services. Since 2007, Steve has provided R&D tax advice to a range of industries across Australia.
Steve joined RSM during 2012. Previously, Steve was a member of the R&D tax incentive group at a big four accounting firm, has worked as a chemist and was a project manager within the ICT industry.
Solutions Steve provides
Steve has responsibilities and experience in all aspects of the R&D claims process:
- educating clients on the R&D eligibility criteria, both technical and financial
- conducting project interviews to gather appropriate information to assess, prepare and support R&D tax incentive claims
- preparing appropriate R&D registration documentation
- allocation of eligible R&D expenditure
- advising and implementing R&D management practices
Major projects Steve has been responsible for include:
- assisting first-time R&D claimants with commencing, growing and sustaining annual R&D claims
- undertaking R&D claim risk mitigation and management processes
- assisting companies with R&D management upon entity consolidations
- working with multinational companies to maximise their R&D claims for crossborder R&D activity