Based in our Perth office, Steve is a Principal in the Tax Services division, providing specialist R&D tax incentive consulting services.
Since 2007, Steve has provided R&D tax advice to a range of diverse industries across Australia. Prior to joining RSM in 2012, Steve was a member of the R&D tax incentive group at a big four accounting firm.
"I am motivated by delivering strong outcomes for clients, growing and developing our staff and continuous learning and development."
Preceding his R&D tax incentives career, Steve worked as an industrial chemist where his responsibilities included the development and synthesis of various products and substrates and the introduction and application of these into client operations.
Steve is authentic in his approach to work and life, which allows him the benefit of forging new and sustaining relationships with clients and contacts. Outside of work Steve enjoys watching soccer and AFL.
Solutions Steve provides
Steve has responsibilities and experience in all aspects of the R&D claims process, including:
- Educating clients on the R&D eligibility criteria, both technical and financial
- Conducting project interviews to gather appropriate information to assess, prepare and support R&D tax incentive claims
- Preparation and lodgement of R&D tax incentive applications
- Analysis of detailed financial data and preparation of eligible R&D expenditure
- Assistance with and attendance at AusIndustry and ATO reviews and audits
- Advising and implementing R&D capturing, management and record-keeping practices
- Assisting R&D claimants with contemporaneous processes to support and substantiate their R&D claims
Major projects Steve has been responsible for include:
Assisting first-time R&D claimants with commencing, growing and sustaining annual R&D claims
Assisting companies with R&D debt-financing requirements
Working with multi-national companies to access R&D incentives across international jurisdictions
Early Stage Innovation Company (ESIC) services including eligibility analysis and preparation
Government and Industry Grants services including eligibility analysis, preparation and lodgement of applications
Graduate Member, Australia Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
Licensing Executive Society Australia New Zealand (LESANZ)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Chemistry, The University of Western Australia
Master of Business Administration (MBA), The University of Western Australia
Company Directors Course Diploma (GAICD), Australian Institute of Company Directors
- PRINCE2 Foundations