Steve Healey is a director of RSM in Brisbane, leading the firm’s Tax Services division in Queensland.
As a chartered tax adviser (CTA) with over 25 years’ experience as an adviser to Australian businesses, Steve provides strategic advice on local and international corporate tax matters, with a focus on mid-sized, privately owned businesses.
Steve’s involvement within the tax profession in Australia is long-standing. He is a former board member, former president and chairman of Australia’s leading association of tax professionals, The Tax Institute.
Steve is also a member of the advisory panel to the Australian Board of Taxation and is a former member of the board’s Tax Policy working group, as well as a former member of the Australian Taxation Office’s peak consultation body, the National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG).
Steve has contributed to technical tax white papers for several leading Australian accounting and taxation bodies, with a focus on the impact of digital and technical disruption to the accounting and taxation professions.
One of his most recent publications is The Future Tax Professional, issued by The Tax Institute, which he has presented at various conferences conducted by leading universities and accounting and taxation bodies.
Steve Healey is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Steve Healey provides
Steve’s expertise in providing national and international tax services to businesses of all sizes includes:
- Advice in relation to income tax, fringe benefits tax and capital gains tax
- Corporate tax compliance and consolidation
- Corporate tax restructuring and implementation
Steve’s extensive experience in providing corporate and international tax advisory services has seen him work with a number of high-profile client groups and be involved with a number of significant transactions. Some of Steve’s significant past projects include:
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) tax adviser for several large organisations including:
- Billabong International Limited
- UNiTAB Limited
- The lead tax adviser in relation to:
- Several privately-held businesses, including engagement with external stakeholders and membership of the advisory board
- Several private and publicly-listed property development groups
- The merger of two family-owned businesses, including both pre-acquisition restructuring and post-acquisition implementation
- The significant acquisition by an ASX 100 company
- The sale of the Port of Brisbane
- Numerous listed, multinational and privately-owned enterprises
Steve has also held many firm leadership positions including:
- Head of Tax & Private Advisory Services, Grant Thornton Australia
- GTIL International Tax Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Lead Partner, Deloitte Private Queensland
- Lead Partner, Deloitte Tax Services Queensland
- Member of Deloitte Australia National Tax Executive
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) - Queensland University of Technology