Focusing on providing transaction advisory services to clients throughout the Asia Pacific region in the mid-market, and having been involved in a significant number of cross border transactions throughout Australasia and Europe, Tim is a Director of the Corporate Finance division in Sydney with more than 16 years of corporate finance experience.
Tim Goodman is a Partner of RSM Australia and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd and RSM Corporate Australia Pty Ltd.
Tim's broad experience in both local and cross border transactions ensures an understanding of the key issues in any transaction. He is one of RSM's trusted advisers in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, financial and vendor due diligence, and debt advisory, among others, and he is also a senior leader of the China Practice Group at RSM.
Prior to joining RSM in 2018, Tim held a senior partner role in transaction advisory at another leading accounting firm and was also the head of their China Practice Group focusing on inbound M&A and equity capital markets.
"What motivates me at work is delivering pre, during and post deal expertise, ensuring value creation in deals, and creating value throughout the entire M&A lifecycle. There's more to mergers and acquisitions than implementation - the deal is just the beginning."
Tim considers creating value beyond the deal, delivering more value to your shareholders and exceeding your value ambitions, as his superpower. Outside transaction advisory, Tim is passionate about scuba diving and appreciates great beer, wine and food.
Solutions that TIM provides
financial and vendor due diligence;
- investigating accountant reports (ASX, SSX and NSX);
- SPA advisory (locked box and completion accounts);
- working capital and net debt negotiation;
- China inbound M&A and ECM focus; and
- sell-side and buy-side M&A lead advisory services.
- Provides corporate advisory services for trade and financial buyers across a wide range of industry sectors across the Asia Pacific region.
- Significant experience listing businesses on the ASX, SSX, NSX, and AIM both locally and from foreign jurisdictions, (i.e. the PRC, US, Australia and NZ).
- Vendor due diligence in connection with transactions, across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Provision of SPA Advisory in relation to corporate transactions.
- Pre lend due diligence in connection with bank financing.
- Provision of advice in relation to buy and sell-side transactions across a diverse range of industries and markets.
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member, FINSIA
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Finance (Macquarie University)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, Kaplan