A System Selection describes the process we use to aide your organisation in selecting the exact right solutions, or ecosystem, at the right time.
Whether you’re looking for an ERP solution or something that will work with Xero, engaging in a System Selection is a worthwhile and beneficial exercise in the long run.
The process helps to determine the goals and drivers for the project with a balanced stakeholder perspective, to ensure that your business comes to an outcome in the most efficient and effective way possible.
What we do:
- Comprehensive Downselect - we take a wide market scan and very detailed requirements and narrow down the choices from there.
- Accelerated Downselect - we take a narrow market scan (start with a few options we know well) and usually the most critical requirements (not exhaustive) and narrow down the choices from there.
- Fit/Gap Analysis – if an organisation has an existing solution, or solutions, that they want to validate, we can follow an abbreviated process to ensure that the solution they are selecting is the best fit for them.
- Evaluation Summary document tailored to the needs of your organisation or board
- Evaluation Criteria
- Functional & Non-Functional Requirements
- Completed Scoring for Vendors
- Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
- Vendor Detail Summary
- Call Log
An organisation with 20 staff completing an Accelerated Downselect for a new operations solution to work with Xero can expect to pay between $7,000 - $12,000 for the selection process. The pricing for a System Selection depends on several factors:
- Type of selection process - Comprehensive tends to be the most expensive, with Fit/Gap the least (not always the case)
- Annual turnover of the business
- Number of staff
- Level of client involvement (are they high or low maintenance clients?)
- Number of stakeholders involved in the requirements gathering process
- Level of complexity in the business
- Level of detail required in reporting
- Number of vendors involved
The typical time taken to conduct a System Selection depends on the availability of your team and required output. You can expect 4-8 weeks on average.