China is one of Australia’s largest trading partners and over recent years Australia has experienced a rapid influx of Chinese businesses and individuals seeking investment opportunities.
At RSM, we understand the cultural differences and economic diversity between China and Australia and we value our Chinese clients. This is built on years of being their trusted adviser and helping them to successfully invest and grow in the Australian and international market.
Asia Pacific Connections
RSM‘s clients benefit by having international expertise in easy reach. The RSM Australia China Helpdesk is located across the Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
RSM Asia Pacific firms are located in:
RSM WeChat ID: gh_1e0a0f504739
Our Australian China Practice Group assists Chinese companies investing in Australia and supports Australian companies investing in China. Click here to visit the RSM China website.
We bring a combined knowledge of markets and our connected international network to help you succeed in growing your business into China, or from China into Australia.
By applying our depth of capability from our local team and deep cultural understanding, practical experience, we can help you to navigate the opportunities and challenges involved in investing in Australia.
Our dedicated team can provide solutions to help businesses and organisations, across all sectors, with their Australia and China market entry and growth strategies.
Our teams of Chinese and Australian professionals who embrace Chinese culture and language and integrated between Australia and China, and possess the local knowledge required to help our clients understand and manage the many commercial and country specific challenges facing them in Australia and China.
We assist our clients to develop and execute transactions and develop regional strategies to fully capitalise and realise the business and investment opportunities arising from China’s growth.
Our typical clients include:
- Chinese entities including SOEs and POEs (privately owned enterprises) seeking investment and trade opportunities in Australia;
- Australian corporations, businesses and government agencies seeking investment and trade opportunities in China;
- Chinese Australian businesspeople, family offices, and investors seeking to grow their Australian, regional and international businesses and investments.
We provide professional services in M&A and divestments, tax and audit, business and financial advisory, & consulting, and the provision of operational improvements via digital & emerging technologies, and via cross cultural leadership.
How can we help?
We provide our Chinese clients with timely advice in relation to the following:
- establishing business operations in Australia, including advice on the appropriate structure to undertake your business and investment activities
- commercial and financial due diligence to assist you with making the right decisions
- buying businesses, residential, commercial or farming property in Australia
- taxation structuring and advisory
- importing goods and services into Australia
- exporting goods and services from Australia
- sale of your business or investment assets
- audit, accounting and other business advisory services
- capital market support and IPOs
- mergers and acquisitions
- transaction support and due diligence, and
- valuation and expert reports
We also have a thorough understanding of the Australian income tax law regulations and the importance of complying with the Foreign Investment rules when undertaking investment and business activities.
The Australian market is attractive to Chinese investors with significant opportunities for generating wealth and we have extensive experience in the following sectors:
- Aged care services
- Financial services
- Health care
- Importing and exporting
- Mining Services
- Offshore Marine Services
- Property & Construction
- Shipping and Logistics
Our priority is to deliver exceptional service and we achieve this through effective communication. We have key practitioners who are fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and many other languages. Our bilingual professionals have a wealth of professional knowledge and practical experience and are dedicated to helping you operate effectively and extract maximum value from your investments in Australia.
We have integrated client service teams from Audit & Advisory, Tax, Transaction Advisory, Transaction Tax and Advisory services who are fluent in Chinese, English and other local Asian languages.
Our service teams include many Chinese speaking professionals who have a Chinese background but live and work in major destination countries (including Oceania) that you may be investing in, and experienced professionals from major overseas countries residing in China to support the China related investment issues of our multinational clients.