Andrew Sykes is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Canberra and the National Leader of Technology.
Andrew has over 20 years' experience advising businesses on taxation, growth and improvement strategies.
Andrew manages consulting assignments and is responsible for providing clients with high-level financial advice and strategic initiatives across local and Commonwealth government departments and agencies, as well as small and large businesses in a range of sectors and major corporates. He also provides start-up and funding advice for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) operating in the technology sector.
"My motivation is seeing my clients grow, develop and succeed and having been a part of that journey to get them there."
Andrew works closely with clients to resolve complex issues in the following areas:
Prior to RSM, Andrew worked in financial markets, having commenced his career in stockbroking. He is a sports enthusiast and in his spare time, enjoys both watching and playing a range of sports and keeping active.
Andrew Sykes is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
SOLUTIONS ANDREW PROVIDES
- As well as assisting with technical matters, Andrew is able to analyse the financial performance of clients. This includes assessing the financial viability of a business and determining areas of improvement.
- Andrew has been involved in a number of corporate reconstructions and successful 'work outs' of companies in financial difficulty, some of which have spanned a period of years and they have provided successful results to all stakeholders.
- Andrew has advised start-up clients on how to grow, from the initial idea stage through to raising funds and capital and the exit event.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (University of Canberra)