Jessica Olivier is a director of the Tax Services division in Sydney, providing specialist R&D tax incentive compliance and consulting services. Jessica commenced her corporate tax career in the UK in 2000 and has worked in Australia since 2005. Since 2006, she has specialised in R&D tax and assisted a diverse range of industries to identify R&D opportunities and access the R&D tax benefits, including start-up innovators, SMEs and large multi-national corporations.
Prior to joining RSM, Jessica was a director at a big four accounting firm.
Jessica Olivier is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Jessica Olivier provides
Jessica works in R&D tax incentive advisory services for RSM. She has extensive experience in every aspect of the R&D claim process, including:
- preparation of material and presenting to clients regarding the R&D eligibility criteria, both technical and financial
- running educational workshops and interviews to identify potential R&D projects and gather appropriate information to assess, prepare and substantiate R&D tax claims
- review of prior years’ claims to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of the R&D benefit claimed
- preparing and lodging appropriate R&D registration documentation
- allocation of R&D costs and calculation of the R&D expenditure
- advising and implementing robust R&D management practices
- assistance with and attendance at AusIndustry/ATO reviews and audits
Major projects Jess has been responsible for include:
- coordination and management of multi-project R&D assignments, with annual R&D spend in excess of $15m
- negotiating companies through the successful defense of prior R&D claims under review
- working on new government legislation, industry submissions and thought leadership publications for the new R&D tax incentive
- preparation of Advance/Overseas Finding Applications and other government grant applications
- CA - Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration and French (Cardiff University)