Jessica Olivier is the National Leader, Manufacturing and a Director of the Tax Services division in Sydney, providing specialist R&D tax incentive compliance and consulting services.
Jessica commenced her corporate tax career in the UK in 2000 and has worked in Australia since 2005. Since 2006, she has specialised in R&D tax and assisted a diverse range of industries to identify R&D opportunities and access the R&D tax benefits, including start-up innovators, SMEs and large multi-national corporations.
Jessica Olivier is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
"I enjoy helping clients access government incentives which can provide vital cash flow and allow them to further grow their business. I love seeing their products or technologies come to life!"
Before joining RSM, Jessica was a Director in R&D Tax Services in a Big 4 Accounting Firm. Prior to her accounting career, other jobs were mostly in hospitality including pubs, restaurants and hotels, where she worked as a bartender, waitress or in housekeeping. She also had a stint at Maccas when she was 15 years old - it makes you fastidious about customer service!
Jessica "enjoys" online shopping and as this mainly gets delivered to the office, she has earned quite the reputation as a shopping addict amongst her colleagues! She also loves to cook for friends or eat out at nice restaurants, and go running or walking with her beloved dog. The latter allowing her to enjoy the former!
SOLUTIONS JESSICA OLIVIER PROVIDES
Jessica works in R&D tax incentive advisory services for RSM. She has extensive experience in every aspect of the R&D claim process, including:
- Preparation of material and presenting to clients regarding the R&D eligibility criteria, both technical and financial
- Running educational workshops and interviews to identify potential R&D projects and gather appropriate information to assess, prepare and substantiate R&D tax claims
- Review of prior years’ claims to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of the R&D benefit claimed
- Preparing and lodging appropriate R&D registration documentation
- Allocation of R&D costs and calculation of the R&D expenditure
- Advising and implementing robust R&D management practices
- Assistance with and attendance at AusIndustry/ATO reviews and audits
- Coordinating and managing multi-project R&D assignments, with annual R&D spend in excess of $15m
- Negotiating companies through the successful defence of prior R&D claims under review
- Leading RSM Australia’s National R&D Tax Incentive practice, as well as working with RSM's Global Incentives Group across the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore and others.
- Providing specialist R&D Tax compliance and consulting services across a diverse range of industries including health/education/financial technology, engineering and manufacturing.
- Working with Start-ups, SMEs and large multinationals to identify R&D opportunities to access R&D Tax benefits as well as other government programs such as Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) and Early Stage Innovation Company (ESIC) incentives.
- CA - Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- CA - Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)– Business Administration and French (Cardiff University)
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Registered Tax Agent
- FINALIST, Women in Finance Awards 2018 - Principal of the Year