With over 17 years of experience, principally in a Big 4 environment, he leads the International Tax and Transfer Pricing practice at RSM Australia. Based in Sydney since 2010, he has previously worked in London and New York.
Liam is responsible for providing transfer pricing and international tax compliance and advisory services to clients - from large multinationals to start-ups – to help them navigate the range of existing and emerging tax risks that arise for groups operating cross-border.
Although focussing on Australian tax law, he also is familiar with a range of foreign tax jurisdictions, including the UK, USA, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Liam also has a good understanding of a range of accounting and corporate law issues.
Liam Delahunty is a partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia.
SOLUTIONS LIAM PROVIDES
Liam provides international taxation services in the following areas:
- Transfer pricing
- Business restructuring
- Offshore expansion
- Intellectual property optimisation
- OECD BEPS project issues
- Hybrid mismatch arrangements
- Diverted profits tax
- Multi-national anti-avoidance
- Double tax treaty issues
- ATO engagement
Having an earlier background in computer programming, Liam has focussed on Technology, Media and Telecommunications clients in particular, but has advised clients in a broad range of industries.
Liam's clients have included Twitter, Uber, Snap, Cargill, BP, Canon, ResMed, Lloyd’s, Fonterra, Boart Longyear, SingTel Optus, Pfizer, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Broadspectrum, APN News & Media, Harvey Norman and a variety of SMEs.
- Chartered Accountant, Charted Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Legal Practitioner, Law Society of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the High Court (England and Wales)
- Solicitor of the High Court (New Zealand)