As a partner of the Restructuring & Recovery division in Sydney, Richard Stone possesses over 14 years of experience both locally and internationally in the fields of corporate recovery, insolvency and forensic accounting.
Richard Stone is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Richard has a vast history of exposure to difficult situations and is experienced in autonomously managing complex investigations. Richard retains knowledge in a variety of industries with a particular focus on SME's within property and building, professional services, agri-business and hospitality.
Richard works closely with clients, on both the creditor and debtor side, to engage with all stakeholders in order to preserve jobs and maintain enterprises as going concerns.
"I enjoy being able to provide solutions to difficult and complex issues in times of financial distress. I aim to constantly challenge the status quo and drive innovation."
Prior to joining RSM, Richard worked for other mid-tier accounting firms and spent four years working in London at Smith & Williamson whilst partaking in a forensic accounting secondment at Clifford Chance.
In Richard's spare time he enjoys coaching junior footy teams and does not mind having a run on the field himself.
Solutions Richard provides
Richard is committed to achieving the best outcomes for his clients, including a focus on maximising recovery for secured creditors.
Richard provides services in the areas of:
- receiverships acting for secured creditors
- corporate restructuring and monitoring
- exit strategy planning
- formal insolvency procedures
- independent business reviews
- pre-lending reviews
- representations at creditors meetings
- 7Steel Distribution Pty Ltd, receivership - trade on of a national steel distribution business with in excess of $20m in assets, 120 employees and creditors of $40m
- Snowburn Pty Ltd, receivership - trade on administration involving four businesses in tourism/hospitality in the NSW snowfields, secured the sale of the businesses as going concerns
- Cardinal Group, voluntary administration - demolition and waste recycling business, secured assets of circa $12m, 250 employees and creditors of $48m
- Recruitment National, liquidation - labour-hire company with over 250 employees, $2m in assets recovered and statutory debts in excess of $5m
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Official Liquidator
- Registered Liquidator
- Bachelor of Economics (Accounting and Business Law) - Macquarie University